Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Gardening time?

I did want to write weekly on my gardening. Usually in April, my flower beds are cleaned, my yard is raked, my tulips are starting to bloom and trees are starting to bud... 
The weather does not want to turn warm this year!
 This morning it was a balmy -10c. So I think yard time will have to be on hold!
The creek has overflowed its banks so the snow is melting. Then we got another dump of snow on the weekend, after I had purchased a few packages of vegetable seeds. I knew it was early...but there is something about being in the gardening department after 6 months of snow!
By the look of my garden. . . those seeds won't go any where near the garden in the near future!
On the bright side...
My tulips have grown...
More perennials are coming up!
 And I have gorgeous icicles around my old vines...
So we'll put the gardening blogs on hold...until the trees start budding and the flowers start blooming! (My little pansy flower is gone... but I am sure more will return?)




3 comments:

  1. love your 'bright side' about beautiful icicles on vines. :) sorry for the delayed warm-up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MUMMY!!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday baby sister
    love you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by...

National Puppy Day

Miss Pepper…..she changed our life… But life wouldn’t be as full without her! She is a kind sweet puppy that always ‘try’s😳’ to please.