Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Saskatoons

Saskatoons bring memories... 
I remember as a very young girl, mom going Saskatoon picking with her friends... 
I can only remember going with her once...
I remember having a pail with a string around my neck... 
it was fun...
for 5 minutes...
(picking small berries is one thing I do not enjoy!)
I remember mom coming home with buckets and buckets...
the washing the freezing the baking..

My granddaughter picked me a bucket... 
I know it took her hours...
knowing my granddaughter I'm sure she didn't complain..
They are delicious!

10 comments:

  1. how sweet! both your granddaughter's efforts and the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks yummy! I have heard of these berries but never have had any.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all kinds of berries...have never had these! I had blueberries on my oatmeal this morning! YUMMY! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've actually never even heard of Saskatoons. I've learned something new today, thus, I can count it as a good day! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saskatoons are a wild berry fruit...that looks like a blueberry except the bottom has pointed edges...So you can find the bushes 'in the wild' and just go pick. But there also are Saskatoon Farms that you can pay and go pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what? a saskatoons? is this some special canadian berry? :)
    really..i learn something new EVERY day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a sweet granddaughter...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do the berries grow low to the ground? They look like berries that we used to pick at abandoned farmsteads.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yummm, one of my favs. is Saskatoon jam and bannock. The pie looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice. They look wonderful. Brings back memories when I was a boy and we would pick dewberries and my mom would make a cobbler.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by...

National Puppy Day

Miss Pepper…..she changed our life… But life wouldn’t be as full without her! She is a kind sweet puppy that always ‘try’s😳’ to please.