Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

After a couple nights of frost, 
it was time to bring in the pumpkins. 
So the grandkids when out to the 'Pumpkin Patch'
 (such as it was, the frost had taken care of the plants!)

The pumpkins were still looking good!


Four fair sized pumpkins were picked!
One was almost totally orange....
yes pumpkins start out green...
then turn orange.
(Our season is just too short to get them big and orange:)

And there was even a Pumpkin Head!

This Pumpkin Head and her brother have started a blog.
 'The Variety Tree'
 . . .Check it out!....
(click on the above)

They will be sure to have some interesting posts!


8 comments:

  1. I didn't have any luck with pumpkins this year...I'll try again. I love the pumpkin head shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pumpkins look good but the grandkids look better!!

    clever pumpkin head shot, aren't kids amazing?? it looks like they bring you lot's of joy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I usually have a large patch of pumpkins every year, but with the severe drought, the pumpkins just did not survive. I love growing these wonderful plants. Your green ones are just as pretty as the orange ones. Your grandkids will remember these pumpkin picking days with grandma from now on! blessings,Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful!!! I would love to live where you do - at least for a little while! LD is taking a nap - and turned on the room A/C and shut the door since I have the house open. I am sweating as I clean but at least I am breathing real air! I have not bought pumpkins yet but I hope to do so soon. I just LOVE the way pumpkins look! And I love ALL pumpkin recipes. Do you bake a lotof yours? And how do you do it? I put the whole thing in the oven on a baking sheet and after it is cooked and SOFT - THEN I clean out the seeds and mush! Love seeing snippets of your life! Your GK's are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you celebrate Halloween there? Nice pumpkins. I am looking for a white pumpkin here like I have seen on the blogs!

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. so i'm surprised you didn't put my name in paranthesis after the part where they start out green :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see what they come up with...cool pumpkins...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by...

National Puppy Day

Miss Pepper…..she changed our life… But life wouldn’t be as full without her! She is a kind sweet puppy that always ‘try’s😳’ to please.