Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Chalk Paint

For the past few months I have been busy painting furniture. I was introduced to "Chalk Paint"...and have enjoyed using it  and love the finished look and feel of the paint. It feels hard and silky smooth.

I make my own chalk paint... you can find recipes on the web... I used approx. 1/3 Plaster of Paris and 2/3 paint. After the project is complete I apply a paste wax to most of my projects.

My latest project was our bed frame.
I lightly sand the project and give it two coats of the Chalk Paint.
The last sanding I distress it...then wax it.
I have gone a little paint crazy...but each room will still have a natural wood piece in it!

7 comments:

  1. making your own chalk paint is very brave, I love your results

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love it! I like how it looks, my daughter-in-law does this on a lot of her furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness that is very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful....but you covered the head board with pillows!!

    looks like you are getting settled!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are adventurous! While I love natural wood (no stains for me) I would be tempted to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful!............I love that bedroom. I have heard of chalk paint and was wondering what it was like. Thanks for sharing the tip on how to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is beautiful. I love the distressed look! I've never heard of this chalk paint before, now I'm going to have to do some investigating... well maybe after the studies are complete.

    I've also browsed through your photos of your journey, it looks like so much fun and what a bonus to have quality family time. Good for you to get away for a while and enjoy!

    Have a wonderful week Bev!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by...

National Puppy Day

Miss Pepper…..she changed our life… But life wouldn’t be as full without her! She is a kind sweet puppy that always ‘try’s😳’ to please.