Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Grapevines

We have two grapevines growing up our deck...hubby has been searching the web to see what he should be doing with these vines (the walnut tree is his favourite...this is a close second:)

May 2016

Apparently one vine is red grapes....we have seen the odd red one...we had a strong wind in the spring that blew lots of the 'little' grapes off)

the vines have been neglected ... but starting to come along!


We were told the grapes are sweet and delicious.... looking forward to harvesting them!


7 comments:

  1. Your photos are beautiful! I love grapes...and they are healthy, too! Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are beautiful! I love grapes...and they are healthy, too! Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to be able to enjoy grapes literally within reach from your deck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, wow i miss fresh grapes at my parents house. they were so delicious!! great for jelly and jam. ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was a little girl, a neighbor had grapes growing on an arbor thing and I love the memory I have of looking up at them and then picking a few to pop in my mouth. Another good memory is of whe n I was in my 30's and a friend and I picked wild concord grapes along a railroad track and made jelly out of them - after eating quite a few fresh from the vines. We got eat up with chiggers and I wasn't even able to go to church the next day! I hope those grapes taste delicious and give you good memories to keep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The previous owners left you some garden treasures! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by...

National Puppy Day

Miss Pepper…..she changed our life… But life wouldn’t be as full without her! She is a kind sweet puppy that always ‘try’s😳’ to please.