Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Tamale Festival

We went to the Tamale Festival in Somerton. It was 3 years ago when we were last there...the crowds were smaller...as the weather was cooler.
We had Beef Tamales, .... the tamale is wrapped in corn husks.
We tried an Apple Pecan Tamale....(the Corn Husk has been removed). It sounded good...but imagine cornmeal around apples, flour, spice and a few pecans with a dust of icing sugar and a swirl of caramel....now if I had a ladle of caramel... I would maybe have another one:)
Okay...so Tamales are NOT our favourite thing to eat....but the spirit of the Festival is fun:)

I saw Santa in the distance!!
We enjoyed the entertainment... it was a local group, and reminded hubby of the Irish Rovers.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of tamales . . .no distinct flavor, in my opinion.

    The music would be an attraction that I'd enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamales are not something we have here in Ireland so I've no idea what they're like.
    The festival certainly looks like lots of fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I do not think I have tried tamales. The festival looks like a fun time. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love any kind of festival like this, but they are best if the food is good. Like our seafood festival here, now that's awesome!! Merry Christmas if I don't see you again!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by...

National Puppy Day

Miss Pepper…..she changed our life… But life wouldn’t be as full without her! She is a kind sweet puppy that always ‘try’s😳’ to please.